The vocational training as a cook
The concept of vocational training is based on dual training, a combination of vocational school and the imparting of practical skills in selected companies.
In the German-speaking countries, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, this dual education has been recognized and established for decades.
This unique and special training concept provides the trainees with all the theoretical and practical knowledge required by the market in a 3-year training course.
A high-quality degree with a recognized certificate guarantees the trainees an optimal start into working life. In addition, the trainees receive a training allowance, graduated according to the year of training, to cover the basic costs of living.
Here you will find some key points of the training focus on the technical content of the training.
Vocational training shall cover at least the following skills and knowledge:
- vocational training, labor, and collective bargaining law
- structure and organization of the training company
- safety and health at work
- environmental protection
- dealing with guests, advice, and sales
- use of equipment, machines and consumer goods, work planning
- kitchen area
- service area
- office organization and communication
- merchandise management
- advertising and sales promotion
- apply work and kitchen technology procedures
- preparations of herbal food
- making soups and sauces
- preparation of fish, shellfish, and crustaceans
- processing of meat and offal
- processing of game and poultry
- making hors d’oeuvres and preparing cold cuts
- preparation of dairy products and eggs
- production and processing of doughs and masses
- manufacture of desserts